IPWDA Master Trainer Deborah Palman
IPWDA Master Trainer Celeste Robitaille
IPWDA SAR Instructor Spencer Fuller (Tentative)
IPWDA SAR Instructor Michele Fleury
IPWDA SAR Instructor Kathryn Bamford
IPWDA SAR Instructor Jennifer Anderson
SCHEDULE: IPWDA Annual Regional Workshop 2022
Friday, September 23
Saturday, September 24
Sunday, September 25
- $325 Dog Handlers
- $75 each additional dog – 3 dogs maximum with preapproval from Deb Palman
- $150 Auditing
- Testing offered: SAR Wilderness 40-acre, Land HRD, HRD Crime Scene, possibly the 20-acre large area HRD, Trailing and Article Search. Because of time constraints, we may not be able to offer re-testing. If you have scheduling restrictions, please contact Deb Palman.
- Current membership in IPWDA is needed for testing (but not for training only).
- Please review the IPWDA testing standards because there are many prerequisites for testing.
Lodging in the Area that will take dogs (PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK):
- Best Western Plus, Bath Brunswick, 71 Gurnet Rd., Brunswick, ME 04011, Tel. 207-725-5252
- Fairfield Inn & Suites, 36 Old Portland Road, Brunswick, ME 04411, Tel. 207-721-0300
- Rodeway Inn and Suites, 287 Bath Road, Brunswick, ME 04411 Tel. 207-729-6661
- Comfort Inn, 199 Pleasant ST., Brunswick, Me 04411, Tel. 207-729-1129
- Days Inn, Brunswick Bath Area, 224 Bath Road, Brunswick, ME 04011, Tel. 207-725-8883
- Residence Inn by Marriott, 139 Richardson St., Bath, ME 04530, Tel. (207) 443-9741
- Hotel 44 North, 500 US-1, Freeport, ME 04032, Tel. (207) 865-9300
- Econo Lodge Brunswick Freeport, 537 US-1, Freeport, ME 04032, Tel. (207) 865-3777
- Maine Idyll Motor Court, 1411 US Route 1, Freeport, ME 04032, Tel. 207-865-4201
- Thomas Point Beach Campground, Off Route 24, Cook’s Corner, Brunswick, ME 04011, Tel. 207-725-6009, Toll Free: 877-TPB-4321
Sorry, but many motels near Bath are full, possibly due to Bath Iron Works housing workers in motels.
CAMPING AT THE FAIRGROUNDS:
$25 a night with full hookup. Tent or RV welcomed. Showers will be available.
Tentative Schedule: Friday 9 am to 5 pm, Saturday 8 am to 5 pm, Sunday 8 am to 5 pm. Testing will be primarily in the morning, training in the afternoon. Venues for training will be provided for teams that are waiting for testing, but instructors may not be available until testing is over. In some cases, handlers may be able to observe testing for training purposes. We will meet at the Exhibition Hall each morning at the Topsham Fair Grounds.
Right now, we are not planning to offer Boat Water testing but will have Shoreline training available at the fairgrounds. Boat water training and possibly testing might be offered on Sunday depending on the availability of instructors and the number of participants.
Testing for the new 20-acre Wilderness Human Remains test may be limited, depending on how many teams attend.
Masks will be required for anyone in any of the buildings who is not vaccinated.
Please check the current Maine COVID restrictions for visitors from out of state at: https://www.maine.gov/covid19/restartingmaine/keepmainehealthy/faqs
MESARD asks that you respect the State of Maine restrictions.